HCA Private Lessons
We offer two forms of private lessons.
- 1. In-Person Private Lessons - Usually in 1 hour classes. I assess the strengths and weaknesses of each player and then give them tools to correct their weaknesses.
- 2. Online Private Lessons - For each one of these, we use Skype for the audio and video and ICC (internet chess club) for the chessboard interface. From my perspective, these lessons work very well and are close to the same as in person lessons. I currently have 5 weekly students online and all of them are showing very good progress. Here is how it works:
- 1. The student would need to be connected via Skype.
- 2. All students would need a student account with ICC (www.chessclub.com - Student rate is $39.95/yr.) and download the chess interface "Blitzin 2.7".
- 3. When the agreed upon time comes, I log onto ICC as does the student.
- 4. I will call the student at the agreed upon time on Skype.
- 5. We talk through Skype (video is available if you wish?) and use the chessboard interface on ICC to move the pieces. Both I and all student are able to move the pieces.
- 6. We handle the class where we review the student's most recent games and I give the students tools to improve the areas of weakness.
- 7. If you wish to record the lesson to review later, this can be done (one of the main reasons I use ICC).
- 8. All students would pay by credit card through Paypal.
In both types, I do offer a "Pay 9 Lesson Upfront and Get the 10th Lesson Free" option or a pay as you go. Please call for rates and availability at 714-925-3195 or email me at email@example.com.