2017 Almaden Neighborhood Church
Scholastic Chess Tournaments
1. Saturday March 18, 2017 from 2:30pm-6:30
2. Saturday April 22, 2017 from 9am to 1pm
3. Saturday May 13, 2017 from 2:30pm-6:30
Location: Almaden Neighborhood Church
19550 McKean Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120
USCF RATED SECTIONS:
- Open to grades K-12.
1. (Instruction & Tournament) $35/player/class before day of or $40/player/class onsite.
All three: $90 discounted rate (no refunds once purchased)
2. (Tournament Only) If you are unable to make the instructional class times, you may still play in the USCF rated quads. The fee for this is $22/tournament or $60 for all three (no refunds once purchased).
- Register in person with Mr. Hanley or online at: www.hanleychessacademy.com/ANC3.html
- Lastest ratings 3 days prior to tournament will be official rating used for tournament.
- Must have current USCF membership. They will be available for purchase or renewal onsite.
- All USCF playing rules will be in effect including necessity of keeping notation of games as well as using clocks. Exception to keeping notation: 5 or 6 year old students.
- First 45 minutes - Calculation/Tactical Pattern Recognition Exercises
- Next 30 minutes - Opening Study
- Next 2 hours and 45 minutes - USCF Rated Quads (G/30; d5)
1st place in each quad. In the case of ties, each player will receive a trophy.
- EQUIPMENT: Boards, pieces, scoresheets, and pens will be provided by tournament staff. Please bring your clocks. If you do not own a chess clock, they will be available for sale onsite for $50.
- FURTHER INFORMATION: National Master Joe Hanley, (714) 925-3195, email at email@example.com